Every year, the millions of trees that shade the northeast corner of the USA signal the arrival of Fall with an explosion of red, purple and gold. As we journey from Manhattan Island to Boston and beautiful New England on this East-Coast USA tour, you’ll witness their splendour, framed against the still-blue skies.
New England in the Fall Available Departures:
- Dates and prices published on this page are for the departures flying from Aberdeen, Edinburgh & Glasgow only
- Fly from Aberdeen – various dates available until October 2021 – from £1549
- Fly from Edinburgh – various dates available until October 2021 – from £1549
- Fly from Glasgow – various dates available until October 2021 – from £1549
- Flights also available from other UK airports – Belfast City George Best, London Heathrow, Manchster & Newcastle – click here for more information on available dates and prices.
New England in the Fall Holiday Highlights
- Explore glittering New York – the world’s most exciting city
- Visit the Yankee Candle Factory, where it’s Christmas every day
- A spectacular, full-day Fall Foliage tour including idyllic Woodstock, Quechee Gorge and a drive on the glorious Kancamagus Highway
- Visit North Conway, in the heart of the scenic White Mountains
- See the delights of coastal Maine, including maritime Portland and exclusive Kennebunkport
- The ‘Freedom Trail’ and gold‑domed State House of elegant Boston, America’s most European city
- Discover historic Plymouth and fashionable Newport on Rhode Island
- Seven nights’ room-only accommodation in a series of good standard hotels in New Jersey (2 nights), Mount Snow (1), Bethel (2) and Hull (2)
- Return flights from your chosen airport to New York
- Comfortable, air-conditioned coach travel and transfers
- Fully escorted by a friendly, experienced Tour Manager
Single supplements apply. Subject to availability.
Day One: Fly to the USA
Fly to New York and transfer by coach to your hotel for a two-night stay in New Jersey.
Day Two: Optional New York city tour
Come with us to downtown Manhattan. Explore on your own, or join our tour of the “city that never sleeps”. Marvel at the Empire State and Chrysler Buildings, bustling Times Square and the green acres of Central Park. Walk down Wall Street, and look across the water to the Statue of Liberty. and enjoy stunning views of the city from Top of the Rock, atop the Rockefeller Center.
Day Three: Coach tour to New England
Heading north today, towards the beautiful New England states, we’ll make a stop at the Yankee Candle flagship store in Deerfield. Browse the candles, and Christmas and Hallowe’en novelties, and relax in the cafe, before we continue to Mount Snow, our base for the night.
Day Four: Included Vermont and New Hampshire countryside tour
A marvellous day awaits as we delve deeper into the Green Mountain State of Vermont, where the maples, cedars and aspens are ablaze with red, orange and golden leaves. Visit the quintessential New England village of Woodstock with its covered bridge and traditional Main Street before we cross the Kancamagus Highway – often voted best spot for foliage viewing, or leaf peeping as it’s sometimes known – on our way to North Conway and then Bethel, Maine, for our next two nights.
Day Five: Optional New Hampshire and Mount Washington tour
Soak up the stunning colours and rolling, forested hills of the New England scenery on our optional tour today as you travel the lanes of northern Maine, and join the Mount Washington Cog Railway for a ride to the summit of the highest peak in New England.
This evening, head out from your hotel on a guided drive in search of moose.
Day Six: Coastal Maine to Nantasket Beach
Journey south to the prosperous seafaring city of Portland, with its waterfront wharves and fine seafood restaurants. Then continue, via the exclusive Bush Family retreat of Kennebunkport, to Nantasket Beach, south of Boston and across Quincy Bay, and our base for the next two nights.
Day Seven: Included Boston day trip
Journey to Boston, one of America’s most elegant, welcoming cities, today. Follow the famous Freedom Trail past the gold-domed State House and the Old North Church. Wander colourful Quincy Market, the Harbourside and the wonderful New England Aquarium, and cross the Charles River to the home of Harvard University.
Alternatively, join our optional guided city tour to see where America’s Founding Fathers once strolled.
Day Eight: Included Plymouth and Rhode Island tour
Our final day sees you head to New York to board your overnight flight back to the UK. On your way, call in Plymouth, where the historic streets of ‘America’s Hometown’ were once trodden by the first settlers, and fashionable Newport, Rhode Island, where ‘weekenders’ cottages’ are opulent mansions.
Day Nine: Land back in the UK
Arrive back home, after a wonderful, colourful autumn holiday in New England.
New England in the Fall
- Flights also available from other UK airports
- 18th September 2020
- 22nd September 2020
- 6th October 2020
- 13th October 2020
- 20th October 2020
- 21st September 2021
- 28th September 2021
- 5th October 2021
- 14th October 2021