This unique Egyptian adventure combines the exotic beauty of Cairo and vibrant resort of Hurghada, together with a wonderful 7 night cruise down the River Nile.
Begin your holiday in the magnificent city of Cairo where you will absorb the ancient sites including a full day city tour taking in the Egyptian Museum and a visit to the famous Khan El Khalili bazaar. A trip to Egypt would not be complete without seeing the Pyramids of Giza and the Great Sphinx, which you will take in on a half day guided tour.
You will then embark on a 5* River Cruise down the Nile with a range of excursions along the way taking in the Temple of Horus, the Valley of Kings, the High Dam and the Temples of Karnak and Luxor.
Finally, you’ll enjoy a 3 night stay in Hurghada, the beautiful beach resort town stretching 40km along Egypt’s Red Sea coast.
- Flights from Edinburgh or London to Cairo, via Istanbul
- 2 nights in Cairo with a full day excursion including the Egyptian Museum and Khan El Khalili Bazaar
- A half day to visit the Pyramids of Giza and The Great Sphinx
- 7 nights cruising aboard the 5 star MS Radamis II on a full board basis
- A half day to the Valley of the Kings and The Temple of the Queen Hatshepsut
- A full day to the Temple of Horus and Temple at Kom Ombo
- A full day to visit the High Dam and Temple of Philae and a felucca sailboat around Kitchener Island
- A half day to visit the Temples of Karnak and Luxor
- 3 nights in the Red Sea Resort of Hurghada with free time at leisure
To view available dates and prices for this holiday CLICK HERE
Or call 0131 516 7439 quoting “DC Thomson – Scotland”
Your hotels & cruise ship
Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa 5*
With an enviable location only 1km from the majestic pyramids your hotel is an ideal touring base for relaxation after a busy day’s sightseeing. Guests can enjoy the hotel’s onsite facilities which include swimming pools, a spa and casual dining options.
MS Radamis II Nile Cruise 5*
MS Radamis II is a comfortable ship with tastefully furnished outward facing cabins offering clear views of the River Nile. After a busy day of sightseeing enjoy the tasty regional and international buffet cuisine or take in the incredible views from the sun deck as you sail along the world’s longest river.
Please note: Optional on board beverage package is only available for purchase for the entire duration of the cruise and if all occupants of the cabin purchase. This package includes tea, coffee, soft drinks, local beer & local spirits from 1000hrs to 2200hrs. Local wine is also included during lunch and dinner. Additional charges will apply for imported wine, alcoholic drinks and fresh fruit juices.
Hilton Hurghada Resort 4*
Located in the resort town of Hurghada on the shores of the Red Sea your hotel offers comfortable accommodation equipped with up to date amenities, direct private beach access, onsite dining facilities and bars.