Situated in north-east Iceland, Akureyri is a town surrounded by mountains and is a perfect base for experiencing some of Iceland’s most beautiful natural wonders. Included in your package is the Lake Myvatn Adventure – Land of Fire and Ice Experience which is a full day adventure involving icy volcanic landscapes, geothermal wonders and traditional Icelandic living. Also included is a Northern Lights Tour where you will leave the city lights of Akureyri behind as we venture into the dark sky zone of the countryside in search of the awe-inspiring Aurora Borealis.
- Exclusive direct flights from Inverness airport on Friday 8th March 2019
- Three nights accommodation at the 4* Hotel Kea by Keahotels (various hotels available)
- Two excursions worth £200pp – Search for the Northern Lights Tour and Lake Myvatn Adventure – Land of Fire and Ice Tour
- Services of a Super Break representative in resort
- 4* Hotel Kea by Kea – next to the Cathedral in the centre of Akureyri. Breakfast and Wi-Fi included, large bar with Super Break Happy Hour and 10% Discount in the hotel’s Mulaberg Restaurant for Super Break guests.
- 4* Icelandair Hotel Akureyri – 5 minutes walk from the city centre, free local bus service. Breakfast and Wi-Fi included, stylish lounge bar and 10% Discount in Aurora Restaurant for Super Break guests.
- 4* Saeluhus Akureyri – 15 minutes walk from the city centre, free local bus service. Self catering studio apartments including Wi-Fi and private balcony with hot tub!
Highlights of excursion
- The Lake Myvatn Adventure – Land of Ice and Fire. A full day adventure led by an experienced local guide visiting some of the best natural wonders in Northern Iceland. Highlights include the mythical Godafoss Waterfall, the boiling mudpools of Namafjall and a stop at Vogafjos working farm. There is also the opportunity to visit Myvatn Nature Baths – the Blue Lagoon of the North or take part in a Snowmobiling Experience (extra charge applies)
- Search for the Northern Lights – a four hour tour on your night of arrival. Being just 60 miles from the Arctic Circle, Akureyri is one of the best places in Iceland to view the famous Aurora Borealis. Watch the incredible displays of light dance across the night sky, one of earths true natural wonders
- Add extra excursions to your Incredible Iceland break. Spot whales and seals in the Eyjafjörður fjord, visit the Bjorbodin beer spa, go on a snowmobile adventure or explore the local cuisine with an Akureyri Food Walk. Akureyri is Iceland’s number one ski resort; add a ski pass to your Incredible Iceland break and explore the slopes outside the town. Fish for cod and haddock on the fjord then sample your catch in the Baccala Restaurant. All of these fantastic extras can be added to your booking before travel or in resort