Enjoy a unique experience on this enchanting break. An undiscovered and authentic hidden gem Akureyri is Iceland’s second ‘city’ on the northern coast, on the edge of a fjord, surrounded by glaciers so you can immerse yourself in the north coast at its wildest, with fjords, glaciers, mountains, volcanoes, bubbling mud pools, lava fields and natural springs…
- Exclusive direct flights from Inverness airport on Monday 10 February, 2020
- Three nights accommodation in a choice of Akureyri hotels
- Two amazing excursions – Search for the Northern Lights Tour, and Lake Myvatn Adventure – Land of Fire and Ice Tour
- Services of a Super Break representative in resort
- A selection of 3 and 4 star hotels are available to book – click here for further details
- The Lake Myvatn Adventure & Land of Ice and Fire. A full day adventure led by an experienced local guide visiting some of the best natural wonders in Northern Iceland. Highlights include the mythical Godafoss Waterfall, the boiling mudpools of Namafjall and a stop at Vogafjos working farm. There is also the opportunity to visit Myvatn Nature Baths, known as ‘the Blue Lagoon of the North’, or take part in a Snowmobiling Experience (extra charge applies).
- Search for the Northern Lights – a four-hour tour on your night of arrival. Being just 60 miles from the Arctic Circle, Akureyri is one of the best places in Iceland to view the famous Aurora Borealis. Watch the incredible displays of light dance across the night sky, one of earths true natural wonders.
Great flight times:
Outbound date Monday 10th February 2020 departing from Inverness Airport at 11:25, arriving Akureyri Airport at 14:30
Inbound date Friday 14th February 2020 departing from Akureyri Airport at 15:30, arriving Inverness Airport at 18:00