A photographer’s dream, Japan’s northern most main island features large swathes of unspoilt wilderness: brilliant-blue volcanic lakes, majestically formed peaks, pristine coastlines, colourful fields and ancient forests teeming with wildlife such as bears, foxes and deer.
Our eye-opening tour of Hokkaido takes us all across this beautiful island to discover the very best it has to offer. Absorb unforgettable scenery from the lakes and mountains of Shiretoko Peninsula, to the unspoilt coastlines and flora-filled islands of the far north. Experience a feast for the senses as we journey through central Hokkaido in the area of Furano-Biei’s famously fragrant fields of flowers and pause to admire the brilliant blue of Biei’s mesmerising pond.
- Return flights and transfers
- 12 nights in three to five-star accommodation, inclusive of all local taxes
- Daily breakfast and 10 meals
- Marvel at the breathtakingly serene lakes, majestic mountains, striking waterfalls, lush forests and exceptional wildlife of Hokkaido by coach and boat
- Enjoy a local traditional Genghis Khan dinner in Sapporo, the vibrant capital of Hokkaido
- Visit the Sapporo Beer Museum, Nikka Whisky Yoichi Distillery and a sake brewery in Asahikawa, with tastings
- Experience an explosion of colour at the fragrant flower fields of Furano and the ethereal blue pond of Biei
- See the captivating, crystal-clear caldera lakes of Akan Mashu National Park
- Immerse yourself in the fascinating culture of the indigenous Ainu at the Akano Ainu Kotan and watch an ancient ceremonial dance performance, unique from the rest of Japan
- See the unspoilt scenery of Cape Sōya, Japan’s northernmost point
- Visit two of Hokkaido’s most picturesque islands: Rishiri, crowned the ‘Mount Fuji of north Japan’ and Rebun, the ‘isle of flowers’
- Travel back in time to Otaru, a charming port city dotted with canals, old warehouses and sake distilleries
- Visit the Abashiri Prison Museum, the ‘Alcatraz of Japan’, and try a ‘prison lunch’ as offered to inmates
- Tour the Meiji factory to discover Hokkaido’s delicious dairy products
- Experience an onsen, a traditional Japanese hot-spring bath
- Services of an experienced tour manager throughout
Subject to availability. Single supplements apply.
For more information or to book, please call 01283 742300 or click here.