Kyrenia, our sun-drenched hideaway on this holiday to Cyprus, offers an enchanting taste of life on Cyprus’ northern coast. Take a seat at one of the cafe tables that line the edge of its pretty horseshoe harbour to watch the boats and gentle movement of the blue waters. Wander through the charming narrow lanes, visit the 16th-century castle that still guards the harbour, or head along the coastline or up into the Pentadaktylos mountains to explore.
New 2019 Departures:
- Fly direct from Edinburgh – departs various dates between May & October 2019 – from £759pp
- Fly direct from Glasgow – departs various dates between May & October 2019 – from £759pp
- Flights also available from airports in England – Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, East Midlands, Leeds Bradford, Gatwick, Luton, Manchester & Stansted – click here for more information on dates & prices.
Northern Cyprus Resort Stay Tour Highlights
- The chance to stroll around Kyrenia’s lovely harbour and monumental castle
- Take the opportunity to visit St Hilarion Castle and Bellapais Abbey
- Further optional excursions to Nicosia, Famagusta, the ancient city of Soli and the stunning Karpaz peninsula
- Sunny days at the beach
- Enjoying warm evenings and al fresco dinners
- Seven nights’ bed and breakfast or half-board accommodation in one of our carefully chosen North Cyprus hotels
- Return flights from your chosen UK airport to Cyprus
- Return airport-to-hotel transfers
- The services of a friendly, experienced resort-based Manager
Single supplements apply. Subject to availability.
Itinerary (Optional Excursions)
Those wishing to explore will have the chance to join a range of optional excursions (listed below), which will be offered on specific days during your stay. Simply select your chosen excursion(s) from the list when booking.
Kyrenia harbour and castle tour
Join our guide and spend a morning exploring Kyrenia. Stroll around the harbour, then head to the castle, which watches over the harbour from the east and now houses a fascinating shipwreck museum within its massive walls.
St Hilarion Castle and Bellapais Abbey
Journey into a beautiful region of mountains dotted with ancient villages leading down to a tranquil coastline. Here, you’ll visit hilltop St Hilarion Castle – which guards the route from Nicosia and Kyrenia and started life as a monastery – and Gothic Bellapais Abbey, made famous by author Lawrence Durrell.
Visit historic Nicosia, island capital for more than 12 centuries. Divided in 1963 by the ‘Green Line’ separating Greek and Turkish Cypriot territories, the city is both a bustling metropolis, with a vibrant cafe culture, and a fascinating gateway to the island’s turbulent past.
Guzelyurt and Soli
Discover the citrus-grove surrounded town of Guzelyurt (which means “beautiful place” in Turkish) and its archaelogy museum and church of Agios Mamas. We’ll also visit the fascinating excavations at Soli, with its Roman and Byzantine remains, and travel to the ‘Green Line’ border town of Lefke, with its former copper mines and orange groves.
Travel into eastern Cyprus to call at the monastery of St Barnabas, and visit the extraordinary ancient ruins at Salamis on today’s optional excursion. The remains, which include colonnades, a magnificent theatre and a Roman bathhouse, were part of a much larger settlement that still lies submerged beneath the blue waters and sand dunes.
Moving on, we’ll visit Famagusta. This fascinating city has become a living museum where ruined churches, the Lala Mustapha Pasha mosque (once the city cathedral) and Venetian Palace rise in in between the city’s modern cafes and shops, and the Varosha quarter remains a ghost town since it was abandoned in 1974.
Karpaz Peninsula tour
The Karpaz, or Karpasia, peninsula is a rugged spit of land dotted with ancient villages surrounded by some of Cyprus’s loveliest beaches and bluest waters. Visit an ancient olive press, and see the important mosaics at Agios Trias. Weather permitting, you’ll also have time to enjoy a dip in the sea at Nangomi (golden) Beach, one of the island’s finest bathing spots.
Northern Cyprus Resort Stay
- 10th April 2019
- 1st May 2019
- 8th May 2019
- 15th May 2019
- 22nd May 2019
- 5th June 2019
- 12th June 2019
- 19th June 2019
- 26th June 2019
- 4th September 2019
- 11th September 2019
- 18th September 2019
- 25th September 2019
- 2nd October 2019
- 9th October 2019
- 16th October 2019