As Balmoral deviates away from direct, well-travelled routes and diverts into the Norwegian fjordland along remarkable waterways, you’ll get to experience the beauty of the region’s summertime splendours to the full.
From your ship’s decks, see Lysefjord’s canyon of steep, rugged mountains and the verdant, forested mountains and valleys of Maurangerfjord, Hardangerfjord, Sognefjord and Lustrafjord. Watch the tumbling waters of Furebergfossen and Langfossen too, and feel the mist from the falls on your skin; and marvel at Hornelen – North Europe’s tallest sea cliff – during your late evening glide along Nordfjord.
A visit to Bergen provides a chance to discover the city’s many highlights, from UNESCO-listed Bryggen Wharf to the Troldhaugen Museum. Perhaps join a local for a hike to see Bergen through native eyes and enjoy the view from atop Mount Floyen too. Go fjord kayaking on Hardangerfjord’s glassy waters, or tour to Vøringsfossen, from Eidfjord; and uncover the beauty of Skjolden, nestled deep within Lustrafjord.
At Olden, you could join a tour to Briksdal Glacier and witness this natural wonder in all its glory; while a ride on the Rauma Railway from Andalsnes takes you for an up-close look at mountainous landscapes, and to explore the ‘path of the trolls’ at Trollveggan and Trollstigen.
What You’ll Love
- Experience the beauty of Norway’s fjordland to the full, within its remarkable waterways
- View dramatic mountains, rock formations and verdant, forested hills and mountains
- Ashore, see Bergen like a local; ride the Rauma Railway; visit Briksdal Glacier; and more
- Comfortable, stylish cabins and suites equipped with a Smart TV, hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilities, a fridge and individually controlled air conditioning
- A tempting choice of cuisine every day throughout your cruise – with five-course à la carte dinners, casual breakfast and lunch buffets, late-night snacks and much more
- Unlimited, self-service tea and coffee available 24hrs at selected venues, complimentary afternoon tea* with sandwiches and cakes, and in-room sandwiches and snacks
- A full programme of evening entertainment, including cabaret shows, comedy, dancing and live music
- Full use of on board leisure facilities, including swimming pools, Jacuzzis and gym
- A wide choice of engaging on board activities and lectures throughout the day
- All UK port taxes (where collectable in advance)
- Luggage porterage between your cabin and the drop-off/pick-up point
- Formal welcome and/or Captain’s Drinks Party and Gala Buffet