Explore the extraordinary civilization of the Incas, the colonial heritage of the Spanish Conquistadors and the colourful culture of present-day Peru. Plus, experience the Peruvian Amazon basin with a two-night stay at an eco-lodge in the jungle.
Peru is without doubt the most intriguing and fascinating of all South American countries. The incredible remains of the Inca civilization are a huge draw and combined with its colonial architecture, the stunning vistas of the jagged peaks of the Andes, the Amazonian jungle, its superb cuisine and the warmth of the Peruvians themselves, this is one of the most captivating destinations in the world!
The most striking image of Peru, and probably the entire continent, is of course the awesome Machu Picchu. One of the greatest archaeological discoveries of modern times, it is set in a breathtaking landscape of rich rainforest, deep perilous gorges and lofty snow-covered peaks.
Nothing can prepare you for the sheer exhilaration felt as you approach the site and it gloriously comes into view. You ascend a slope and suddenly there it is, its magic hits you right between the eyes: the classic view from countless travel posters, it will truly take your breath away!
- Scheduled return flights from London Heathrow
- Stay in hand-picked three and four-star hotels with daily breakfast and nine meals
- Experience the Peruvian Amazon basin with a two-night stay at an eco-lodge in the jungle
- Explore the extraordinary civilization of the Incas, the colonial heritage of the Spanish Conquistadors and the colourful culture of present-day Peru
- Guided visit to Machu Picchu, the fabled ‘Lost city of the Incas’
- Tour of Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Guided sightseeing of Cusco, once capital of the Inca empire, now one of South America’s most enchanting cities
- Visit to the famous floating islands of Lake Titicaca, the highest navigable lake in the world
- See the great South American condor in flight, at the stunning Colca Canyon, one of the world’s deepest
- Guided tour of Arequipa, one of South America’s most charming Spanish colonial cities
- Escorted by an experienced tour manager
Subject to availability, single supplements apply.
For more information or to book, please call 01283 742300 or click here.