The Sorrento peninsula and the Bay of Naples is simply one of the most beautiful corners of Europe, attracting visitors for centuries in search of its outstanding scenery, tranquillity and some of the most wondrous ‘sights’ from throughout history.
Indeed in the immediate area we have a selection of places to see and visit which stand comparison with almost anywhere in the world.
Explore the legendary Amalfi coast, with every guidebook proclaiming Europe’s most beautiful, and when you see it, you cannot disagree! Limestone mountains covered with pine forests plunge dramatically into the calm blue Mediterranean.
Next it’s Capri, which possesses a deserved reputation as a veritable Garden of Eden – it is no surprise why so many celebrities live here.
The Bay of Naples’ skyline is dominated by the majestic and still active volcano Vesuvius, rising loftily to over 4000 feet and it has erupted in spectacular fashion several times in its history. The most famous of course, was in 79AD when Roman Pompeii, together with many of its inhabitants, were entombed and whose state of preservation today is little short of remarkable.
All in all there can be few places you will find which combine together so much of interest in an area of such outstanding natural beauty as the Bay of Naples.
- Return travel from a selection of regional airports and transfers to and from your hotel included
- 7 nights’ in a choice of conveniently located accommodation rated 3 to 4-star superior, plus breakfast and dinner (stays at the Hotel Mediterraneo and the La Badia are on a bed-and-breakfast basis)
- Explore the Roman town of Herculaneum with an expert local guide
- Take a boat trip to the stunning island of Capri, with the opportunity to visit the Blue Grotto
- Discover the mysteries of Pompeii on a guided tour
- Take a guided tour of Naples with a local guide
- Enjoy a day touring the breathtaking Amalfi coast
- Enjoy a visit to charming hilltop Ravello for stunning coastal views
- Stay in elegant Sorrento and enjoy a walking tour of this stylish resort
- Services of an experienced tour manager throughout
Subject to availability. Single supplements apply.
For more information or to book, please call 01283 742300 or click here.