An Italian adventure. Enjoy a wonderful break in one of Tuscany’s most celebrated spa resorts. Discover Santa Margherita, exclusive Portofino, exquisite Pisa, and Florence – breathtaking Cradle of the Renaissance and home to Michelangelo’s David.
- Fly direct from Aberdeen – departs on 10 June 2020 – from £1149pp
- Fly direct from Inverness – departs on 2 September 2020 – from £1165pp
- Fly direct from Glasgow Prestwick – departures available until October 2020 – from £949
- Dates and prices on this page are based on departures flying from Aberdeen, Inverness & Glasgow Prestwick only
- Flights also available from airports in England – Bournemouth, Bristol, Cornwall Newquay, Durham Tees Valley, Humberside, Leeds Bradford, Gatwick, Luton, Stansted, Manchester & Norwich- click here for more information on dates & prices.
Portofino, Florence and Tuscany Tour Highlights:
- Tuscany Holiday Highlights
- Enjoy a week’s stay in one of Tuscany’s most celebrated spa-resorts
- Discover Santa Margherita Ligure’s scenic bay
- Pay a visit to Portofino, one of the Mediterranean’s most exclusive corners
- Discover the wonderful cities of Pisa and Lucca
- Spend a day in beautiful Florence
- Seven nights’ dinner, bed and breakfast accommodation at the three-star Hotel Belvedere, Montecatini (upgrades available)
- Tours of Pisa and Lucca
- Visits to Florence and Portofino
- Return flights to Italy
- Comfortable, air-conditioned coach travel and transfers
- Fully escorted by a friendly, experienced Tour Manager
Single supplements apply. Subject to availability.
Day One: Fly to Italy
Fly to Italy and board the coach for the transfer through the Tuscan countryside to Montecatini.
Day Two: Explore Montecatini
Today you’re free to get to know the hotel and the many treasures of this historic spa resort, perhaps paying a first visit to Montecatini Alto for its stunning views.
Day Three: Travel along the Ligurian coast and explore Portofino
Discover the beautiful Ligurian coast, where some of Italy’s most famous resorts are dotted along the shoreline. Explore elegant Santa Margherita Ligure, which overlooks a stunning bay, before enjoying a boat trip along the coast to its ultra-chic neighbour, Portofino, for a taste of “la dolce vita”.
Day Four: Discover Pisa and Lucca
Today, see the Italian gems of Pisa and Lucca. Discover Pisa’s medieval delights – the famous ‘leaning tower’, circular Baptistery and mighty Duomo – on a guided tour before we continue to the elegant walled city of Lucca. Here the medieval clock tower, the Torre delle Ore, and the exquisite Piazza Anfiteatro are just some of the must-see sights.
Day Five: Relax in Montecatini
Enjoy another day of gentle exploration in Montecatini, as you soak up the charming atmosphere of the spa-town.
Day Six: Enjoy a day in Florence
The magnificent Florentine skyline, dominated by the dome of the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore greets you on today’s excursion. Explore the splendour of Santa Croce and the medieval Ponte Vecchio, discover Italy’s artistic past in the Accademia or the Uffizi (payable locally), and watch the world go by in one of the trattorie.
Day Seven: Explore the beautiful Cinque Terre
On an optional excursion we’ll return to the Ligurian coast, heading to the Cinque Terre (Five Lands). This entrancing quintet of ancient villages is squeezed into a series of tiny coves surrounded by celebrated vineyards. Overlooked by working fishing harbours, the breathtaking villages produce some of Liguria’s most celebrated wines.
Day Eight: Fly back to the UK
Journey back to the airport and check in for your flight home.
A delightful Tuscan spa resort, Montecatini Terme is close to many of the province’s greatest cities. As well as the spa baths, it boasts beautiful parks, countless eateries and bars. Above the main town, and reached by a historic funicular railway, medieval Montecatini Alto’s piazza and winding streets are lined with ancient churches and elegant palazzos.
Portofino, Florence and Tuscany
- Glasgow Prestwick
- 6th May 2020
- 20th May 2020
- 3rd June 2020
- 10th June 2020
- 24th June 2020
- 1st July 2020
- 26th August 2020
- 2nd September 2020
- 16th September 2020
- 23rd September 2020
- 7th October 2020