Striking natural beauty, immortalised by Van Gogh and Cezanne, home of the Papacy and capital of Roman Gaul. Provence evokes an ambiance of provincial France at its finest. Of all the regions of France, Provence is the most irresistible.
The borders are defined by nature: to the west, the River Rhône; the south, the Mediterranean; the east, the Alps; and to the north, where the olive trees end. It is a land of striking natural beauty and great diversity – from sun baked plains with fields of lavender, interspaced with vineyards and olive groves, crowned in the distance by the hills of the Luberon and the azure blue sky. The deep valleys are the home of vast oak and pine forests giving that unmistakable Mediterranean aroma to the air.
- Return flights and transfers
- 7 nights’ in 4 to 4-star superior accommodation
- Daily breakfast and 4 dinners
- Enjoy a guided tour of Aix-en-Provence, home of artist Paul Cézanne
- Discover Avignon’s medieval architecture, including the Palais des Papes
- Learn about the capital of Roman Gaul on a walking tour of Arles
- Tour the picture-postcard fishing village of Cassis
- See the dramatic Calanques cliffs on a boat trip
- Visit the Camargue, the unique wetland region famous for its black bulls, white horses and pink flamingos
- Enjoy a boat trip through the Camargue delta
- Experience the spectacularly beautiful landscapes of the Luberon Mountains
- Marvel at the Pont du Gard, one of the largest Roman aqueducts
Subject to availability, single supplements may apply.
For more information or to book, please call 01283 742300 or click here.
Please note, price based on flying direct from Edinburgh – departs September 2020. Other airports and dates available, click here to view more.