Striking natural beauty, immortalised by Van Gogh and Cezanne, home of the Papacy and capital of Roman Gaul. Provence evokes an ambiance of provincial France at its finest. Of all the regions of France, Provence is the most irresistible.
The borders are defined by nature: to the west, the River Rhône; the south, the Mediterranean; the east, the Alps; and to the north, where the olive trees end. It is a land of striking natural beauty and great diversity – from sun baked plains with fields of lavender, interspaced with vineyards and olive groves, crowned in the distance by the hills of the Luberon and the azure blue sky. The deep valleys are the home of vast oak and pine forests giving that unmistakable Mediterranean aroma to the air.
- Return scheduled flights or standard class reserved seat on Eurostar and TGV (French high-speed train) from London St. Pancras
- Tour of colourful Cassis and including a boat trip to see the stunning Calanques or limestone cliffs
- Guided walking tour of Aix-en-Provence, Provence’s former stylish capital
- Visit to Avignon – home of the Pope’s Palace and almost mythical bridge
- Walking tour of Arles, capital of Roman Gaul, with an iconic amphitheatre and immortalised by Van Gogh
- Tour of the Camargue, one of France’s finest nature reserves, famous for its black bulls, white horses and pink flamingos
- Tour of the Luberon Hills and it’s timeless Provençal villages so vividly described in Peter Mayle’s book ‘A Year in Provence’
- Visit to the Pont du Gard, one of the ancient Romans’ largest aqueducts
- Escorted by one of our experienced tour managers
- Seven nights at a choice of hotels rated four to five-star, with breakfast, two dinners in hotels plus two dinners in excellent restaurants experiencing the fine and typical Provençale cuisine
Subject to availability, single supplements may apply.
For more information or to book, please call 01283 742300 or click here.
Please note, price based on flying direct from Edinburgh – departs October 2019 – from £1,009pp. Other airports and dates available, click here to view more.