Puglia, little-known, ruggedly beautiful, fringed by the sea – where the magnificent architecture of Lecce and Bari, coastal charm of Vieste, ‘hobbit’-like conical trulli and local cuisine offer a delightfully different experience of Italy. Blessed with abundant sunshine and fringed by the bountiful waters of the Adriatic and Ionian Seas, Puglia is a land of plenty.
Here in the deep southeast of Italy, nature and history are powerful influences, the locals still wink cheekily at authority and the relaxed and communal way of life is in harmony with the sunny climate. Famed for its passionate embrace of life, simple cuisine, flavoursome wines, historic cities and charming coastal villages, it’s a delightful place to get away from it all.
- Return travel from a selection of regional airports, plus all hotel transfers
- Seven nights in conveniently located 4-star accommodation inclusive of all local taxes, plus breakfast, one lunch, and six dinners (two dinners at carefully selected local restaurants)
- Guided tour of Lecce, one of Italy’s finest baroque towns, often compared to Florence
- Visit Alberobello with the unique trulli houses, set amidst stunning Tuscan-like countryside
- Guided tour of Matera, the amazing medieval cave village and UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Guided tour of Bari’s old town, once home to ancient Greeks, Saracens and Normans, with a remarkable Romanesque cathedral
- Learn the fascinating craft of pasta-making and enjoy a light lunch at a family-run osteria
- Services of our experienced tour manager throughout
Subject to availability. Single supplements apply.
For more information or to book, please call 01283 742300 or click here.
Puglia, Lecce & Vieste – Undiscovered Italy
- London Heathrow
- London Gatwick
- London Stansted
- Other UK airports also available
- 23rd April 2021
- 4th May 2021
- 19th May 2021
- 2nd June 2021
- 18th June 2021
- 20th June 2021
- 23rd June 2021
- 15th September 2021
- 2nd October 2021