Puglia, little-known, ruggedly beautiful, fringed by the sea – where the magnificent architecture of Lecce and Bari, coastal charm of Vieste, ‘hobbit’-like conical trulli and local cuisine offer a delightfully different experience of Italy. Blessed with abundant sunshine and fringed by the bountiful waters of the Adriatic and Ionian Seas, Puglia is a land of plenty.
As you explore, it becomes evident that Puglia is not the Italy of the north. Its rugged limestone landscape is carpeted with olive groves and dotted with villages of white, flat-roofed houses resembling those of Greece and its islands, while the beauty of the forested Gargano Peninsula stands comparison with the more famous Amalfi coast. But there are many features unique to this area, none more so than the trulli, the cone-shaped houses that have become unofficial symbols of Puglia.
Here in the deep southeast of Italy, nature and history are powerful influences, the locals still wink cheekily at authority and the relaxed and communal way of life is in harmony with the sunny climate. Famed for its passionate embrace of life, simple cuisine, flavoursome wines, historic cities and charming coastal villages, it’s a delightful place to get away from it all.
- Return travel from a selection of regional airports and transfers to and from your hotel included
- Seven nights in conveniently located 4-star accommodation inclusive of all local taxes, plus breakfast, one lunch, and six dinners (two dinners at carefully selected local restaurants)
- Guided tour of Lecce, one of Italy’s finest baroque towns, often compared to Florence
- Visit Alberobello with the unique trulli houses, set amidst stunning Tuscan-like countryside
- Guided tour of Matera, the amazing medieval cave village and UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Guided tour of Bari’s old town, once home to ancient Greeks, Saracens and Normans, with a remarkable Romanesque cathedral
- Tour the beautiful national park and crusader church of Monte Sant’Angelo, one of Europe’s most important medieval pilgrimage sites and where Archangel Michael appeared
- Learn the fascinating craft of pasta-making and enjoy a light lunch at a family-run osteria
- Services of an experienced tour manager throughout
Subject to availability. Single supplements apply.
For more information or to book, please call 01283 742300 or click here.
Please note, price based on flying from London Gatwick. Other airports and dates available, click here to view more.
Puglia, Leece & Vieste – Undiscovered Italy
- London Gatwick
- London Heathrow
- London Stansted
- Other UK airports also available
- 20th April 2020
- 24th April 2020
- 27th April 2020
- 2nd May 2020
- 5th May 2020
- 18th May 2020
- 26th May 2020
- 29th May 2020
- 13th June 2020
- 30th June 2020
- 1st September 2020
- 7th October 2020
- 22nd September 2020
- 28th September 2020
- 2nd October 2020
- 7th October 2020
- 16th October 2020