This Rhine in Flames River Cruise kicks off in historic Dusseldorf and takes in a parade of pretty riverside hamlets along with exciting cities. Focal point is our Rhine in Flames experience – an unforgettable event with a dazzling firework display and a flotilla of illuminated boats sailing by.
- Return coach travel from Inverurie, Aberdeen, Stonehaven, Forfar, Dundee, Perth or Edinburgh
- 7 nights’ accommodation with dinner, bed and breakfast – 2 nights on the return ferry and 5 nights’ on board the river cruiser Prinses Christina – plus lunch while river cruising
- Free time to explore Dusseldorf and Cologne at your own pace
- A visit to Bonn the birthplace of Beethoven
- Enjoy the thrilling Rhine in Flames spectacular
- Comfortable coach & ferry travel throughout
- Services of a holiday host
Single supplements apply. Subject to availability.
Rhine in Flames River Cruise Itinerary
We head for our overnight ferry to the continent, enjoying dinner, entertainment and breakfast on board.
We journey to Dusseldorf for some free time. Perhaps take in the sights from the observation deck at the top of the Rheinturm tower or stroll down the Konigsallee – an elegant boulevard bordered by a canal on one side and chic shops on the other. Later, we board the Prinses Christina.
This morning we set sail for Bonn, arriving mid- afternoon. This fine city is the birthplace of Beethoven and home to the composer’s house with exhibits including his manuscripts.
Our ship sails on to Boppard where we arrive mid-afternoon. This fairytale town is a delight to explore with its half-timbered buildings and soaring spires.
We cruise to the Roman town of Andernach, home to the highest cold water geyser in the world. Late afternoon, we arrive in Remagen. After dinner, enjoy the thrilling Rhine in Flames spectacular where a flotilla of illuminated boats glide by as a firework display lights up the night sky and illuminates the banks of the Rhine.
We depart Remagen this morning and sail to Cologne, arriving midday. Here our overnight stay gives us plenty of time to explore – don’t miss the magnificent cathedral which houses the Shrine of the Three Kings.
We disembark and travel by coach to board our overnight ferry, enjoying dinner, entertainment and breakfast on board.
We travel home.