From the incredible scenery of charming villages tucked away in the heart of the fjordland to the fascinating architecture and cultural-gems of unique towns and cities, you’ll experience Norway’s remarkable diversity and outstanding beauty to the full, as Balmoral shows you some of the country’s best destinations and waterways in just seven nights.
- 7 night’s staying in an interior room aboard Balmoral – upgrades available at an additional supplement
- Comfortable rooms and suites with TV, hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilities and individually controlled air conditioning
- Tempting cuisine every day throughout your cruise – with five-course à la carte dinners, casual breakfast and lunch buffets and late-night snacks
- Unlimited, self-service tea and coffee at selected venues, afternoon tea* with sandwiches and cakes, and in-room sandwiches and snacks
- A full programme of evening entertainment, including cabaret shows, comedy, dancing and live music
- Full use of on board leisure facilities, including swimming pools, Jacuzzis and gym
- A wide choice of engaging on board activities and lectures throughout the day
- All UK port taxes (where collectable in advance)
- Luggage porterage between your room and the drop-off/pick-up point
- Formal welcome and/or Captain’s Drinks Party and Gala Buffet
Terms and conditions apply. Subject to availability. Single supplements apply.
To speak to an adviser regarding more information for this cruise or to book this cruise, please call 0800 1707 233 and quote *DC THOMSON TRAVEL*
Scenic Fjords of Norway Cruise Itinerary
Mon 22 Jun 2020: Depart Rosyth (Edinburgh), Late PM
Tue 23 Jun 2020: At Sea
Wed 24 Jun 2020: Ålesund & cruising Hjørundfjord, Norway
Ålesund is Norway’s popular, art-nouveau epic of towers and turrets, ornaments and balconies, steeples and spires. The city’s delightful pedestrianised streets, offer a diverse mix of art galleries, shops and lively cafés, and lead to the 418 steps that climb Mount Aksla.
Often by-passed by ships sailing through Storsfjorden en route to Geirangerfjord and Hellesylt, the breathtaking scenery of Hjørundfjord – a 35 Kilometre-long branch of Storsfjorden – is rarely seen on Norwegian fjords cruises aboard larger vessels.
Thu 25 Jun 2020: Olden, cruising Nordfjord & Hornelen, Norway
At its eastern end, the magnificent Nordfjord divides into three arms beneath the glaciers of the Jostedalsbreen, and Olden sits at the beginning of the southernmost of these arms. A charming village, Olden is among green meadows which are ablaze with colourful flowers throughout the summer, and through which babbling brooks meander between pretty houses.
The sixth longest Norwegian fjord, and one of the most picturesque, beautiful Nordfjord stretches from mainland Norway’s western-most point – overlooking Stadhavet, Sunnmørsalpene and Ålfotbreen – to the magnificent Jostedalsbreen, Europe’s largest inland glacier.
A scenic cruise alongside Hornelen with Fred. Olsen offers you the opportunity to get closer to Europe’s highest sea cliff. Gliding gently through some of the most beautiful natural landscapes on earth you’ll stand in awe as you gaze upwards toward the summit of this incredible landmark from the comfort of your ship’s decks.
Friday 26 Jun 2020: Flåm & cruising Naeroyfjord, Norway
Flåm is a tiny village on the banks of the Aurlandsfjord, a branch of the spectacular Sognefjord – the longest and deepest fjord in Europe. Situated amongst scenes of picturesque orchards, hamlets, cottages and farmland, this is one of Norway’s most breathtaking locations.
The Nærøyfjord (Naeroyfjord) has been rated by National Geographic as the world’s number one natural heritage site and is rumoured to be the inspiration for the snowy scenes in the hit Disney movie Frozen.
Sat 27 Jun 2020: Stavanger, Norway
Behind the bustle of the prosperous and cosmopolitan Stavanger of today lie 1,000 years of ancient seafaring tradition and history. This vibrant, exciting Norwegian city oozes charm and was awarded the prestigious title of ‘European Capital of Culture’ in 2008.
Sun 28 Jun 2020: At Sea
Mon 20 Jun 2020: Arrive back in Rosyth (Edinburgh), Early AM