Whilst scenic cruising on Balmoral, and during time spent ashore on rugged and remote isles, you’ll experience the beauty of Scotland to the full.
As you sail Scottish waters, marvel at the dramatic rock formations of natural wonders such as the Old Man of Hoy, The Needle, Dutchman’s Cap and Fingal’s Cave, and the wild, unspoilt landscapes of the Small Isles, Orkney, Shetland, the Isle of Skye and Isle of Lewis.
Look out for seabirds perched on sea stacks and cliffs, and porpoise, dolphins and whales in the waters along Scotland’s north coast too.
Visits to Orkney, Shetland and the isles of Skye and Lewis also provide opportunities for even closer encounters with their natural treasures. Seabird havens await, with Shetland’s RSPB Sumburgh Head – where fulmars, puffins and various other bird species live and breed – a particular highlight.
Explore the coastal scenes of Northmavine at Shetland’s northernmost point perhaps; and uncover the fascinating history of Orkney at the ancient sites of Skara Brae, Stenness and the Ring of Brodgar. Skye’s craggy coastline will beg for exploration too, while centuries-old castles and beautiful Hebridean countryside are yours to seek out on Lewis.
What You’ll Love
- Experience the beauty of Scottish isles and waterways to the full
- See dramatic rock formations, rugged island landscapes and native wildlife
- Ashore, explore seabird havens, craggy coastlines and discover historic sites too
- Comfortable, stylish cabins and suites equipped with a Smart TV, hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilities, a fridge and individually controlled air conditioning
- A tempting choice of cuisine every day throughout your cruise – with five-course à la carte dinners, casual breakfast and lunch buffets, late-night snacks and much more
- Unlimited, self-service tea and coffee available 24hrs at selected venues, complimentary afternoon tea* with sandwiches and cakes, and in-room sandwiches and snacks
- A full programme of evening entertainment, including cabaret shows, comedy, dancing and live music
- Full use of on board leisure facilities, including swimming pools, Jacuzzis and gym
- A wide choice of engaging on board activities and lectures throughout the day
- All UK port taxes (where collectable in advance)
- Luggage porterage between your cabin and the drop-off/pick-up point
- Formal welcome and/or Captain’s Drinks Party and Gala Buffet