Free drinks & tips package included!
Encompassing two beautiful countries, this short, yet spellbinding escape manages to pack into the highlights of picturesque waterways, islands and a former ‘European Capital of Culture’ into just five nights.
Enjoy a taste of Norway, with unforgettable scenic cruising by the mighty mountains and rock formations of size-restricted Lysefjord and time to uncover the contrasting sights of Stavanger.
The Scottish leg of your holiday includes opportunities to capture the unspoilt coastal scenes of the Shetlands; look out for native seabirds such as puffins and fulmars; and marvel at the Orkney’s geological wonders.
- 5 nights’ staying in an interior room aboard Balmoral – upgrades available at an additional supplement
- Comfortable, stylish rooms and suites equipped with a Smart TV, hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilities, a fridge and individually controlled air conditioning
- A tempting choice of cuisine every day throughout your cruise – with five-course à la carte dinners, casual breakfast and lunch buffets, late-night snacks and much more
- Unlimited, self-service tea and coffee available 24hrs at selected venues, complimentary afternoon tea with sandwiches and cakes, and in-room sandwiches and snacks
- A full programme of evening entertainment, including cabaret shows, comedy, dancing and live music
- Full use of on board leisure facilities, including swimming pools, Jacuzzis and gym
- A wide choice of engaging on board activities and lectures throughout the day
- All UK port taxes (where collectable in advance)
- Luggage porterage between your room and the drop-off/pick-up point
- Formal welcome and/or Captain’s Drinks Party and Gala Buffet
Terms and conditions apply. Subject to availability. Single supplements apply.
Please note this is an adult only cruise.
To speak to an adviser regarding more information for this cruise or to book this cruise, please call 0800 1707 233 and quote *DC THOMSON TRAVEL*
Scenic Scotland and Norway Cruise Itinerary
Sat 23 May 2020: Depart Rosyth (Edinburgh), Late PM
Sun 24 May 2020: Cruising Lysefjord, Norway
The Lysefjord is a stunning example of the Norwegian fjords’ spectacular natural beauty. Carved into the landscape by glacier movement in the Ice Age approximately 10,000 years ago, Lysefjord is lined by magnificent mountains and dramatic cliff faces – some soaring over 1,000 metres high into the unpolluted skies above.
Mon 25 May 2020: Stavanger, Norway
Behind the bustle of the prosperous and cosmopolitan Stavanger of today lie 1,000 years of ancient seafaring tradition and history. This vibrant, exciting Norwegian city oozes charm and was awarded the prestigious title of ‘European Capital of Culture’ in 2008.
Tue 26 May 2020: Lerwick, Scotland & Cruising by Sumburgh Head, Scotland
Sturdy Lerwick is the friendly capital of the 100 islands and islets of the Shetland Islands. The bustling, cosmopolitan seaport is the islands’ only town, and its wonderful natural harbour is a joy to explore.
Located at the southern tip of the Shetlands’ main island, Sumburgh Head is a towering, 100-metre-high rock spur capped by the Sumburgh Head Lighthouse – one of Scotland’s oldest, best-known and most photographed lighthouses.
Wed 27 May 2020: Cruising by Marwick Head, Old Man of Hoy & The Needle, Orkneys
The imposing red sandstone cliffs of Marwick Head, on the rugged northwest coast of the Orkneys’ main island, are – according to the RSPB – a ‘seabird city’, home to one of the largest cliff-nesting seabird colonies in Scotland.
Britain’s tallest and arguably most famous sea stack, the Old Man of Hoy rises 450 feet out of the Atlantic Ocean on the coast of Hoy Island, in Scotland’s rugged Orkney archipelago.
Pinned’ just off south west coast of Hoy Island, the 230 ft-high Needle is the Orkney archipelago’s second-highest rock stack.
Thu 28 May 2020: Arrive back in Rosyth (Edinburgh), Early AM