Spend a wonderful week on the coast of sunny Southern Italy beside the glittering Mediterranean, and discover the history, culture and spectacular scenery of one of Europe’s most popular destinations – Sorrento and the Bay of Naples.
- Fly from Edinburgh – departing various dates until October 2020 – from £759pp
- Dates and prices published on this page are for the departures flying from Edinburgh only
- Flights also available from other UK airports – Belfast International, Bristol, Dublin, East Midlands, Liverpool John Lennon, London Gatwick, London Luton, London Stansted and Manchester – click here for more information on available dates and prices.
Sorrento & the Bay of Naples Tour Highlights
- The chance to discover Vesuvius and the Roman ruins at Pompeii
- An optional excursion to the island of Capri
- An optional tour of the Campanian countryside
- An optional coach tour along the ‘Amalfi Drive’ through Amalfi, Ravello and Positano
- Seven nights’ bed and continental breakfast or half-board accommodation at your chosen hotel
- Return airport-to-hotel transfers
- Return flights from your chosen airport to Italy
- The services of a friendly, experienced resort-based Manager
Single supplements apply. Subject to availability.
Sorrento & the Bay of Naples Itinerary
Day One – Fly to Italy
Fly from your selected airport to Italy and transfer to your hotel.
Day Two – Rest and relax
Relax at your hotel, today, or explore the surrounding area.
Our Tour Manager is sure to have plenty of suggestions if you’re wondering where to start.
Day Three – Optional excursion to Pompeii
Discover the dramatic history of Pompeii on our first optional excursion, today. Buried beneath volcanic ash in AD79, this ancient Roman city lay forgotten until the 18th Century. Hear the fascinating stories of Pompeiian life, and see the villas, temples and frescoed houses that subsequent excavations have exposed.
From here we’ll follow the curve of the bay, past Vesuvius, to Naples. Explore the city’s historic centre, which radiates off from the Spaccanapoli – the long straight narrow street whose name translates as ‘Naples Splitter’ – and gaze across the Piazza Plebiscito to the curved collonades of San Francesco di Paolo on a guided tour that will also reveal the Royal Palace, Castel Nuovo and the astonishing view across the bay to Vesuvius from Posillipo.
Day Four – Optional excursion into the Campania countryside
After a walking tour through Sorrento’s oldest quarter, today’s optional excursion will take us into the Campania countryside for an insight into the region’s traditional farming and food. You’ll have the chance to taste and buy regional delicacies as we visit a local wine cellar, an ancient olive press and a farm where the region’s famous mozzarella is hand-made.
The day will also include a drive through some of the region’s smaller towns, boasting spectacular views of the due golfi of Naples and Salerno.
Day Five – Optional excursion to Amalfi
Experience unforgettable views of vast cliffs, deep gorges and dizzying bridges from the Amalfi Drive – one of Europe’s most scenic coast roads.
See lovely Amalfi, the colourful, Moorish houses of Positano, and the alleys, stairways and roofed passages of mountainside Ravello, on today’s optional excursion.
Day Six – Optional excursion to Capri
Capri, the Isle of Dreams, is the destination for our next optional excursion.
Take in the magical views from Anacapri’s Villa San Michele, visit the summit of Solare by chair-lift (payable locally) and stroll the streets of the island’s main town as you browse its designer stores and boutiques.
Day Seven – Rest and relax
Relax in the hotel, or explore your surroundings a little more, as you spend a final day at leisure.
Day Eight – Fly back to the UK
Transfer back to the airport, today, and check in for your flight back to the UK.
Sorrento & the Bay of Naples
- Other UK airports also available
- 5th May 2020
- 12th May 2020
- 26th May 2020
- 9th June 2020
- 16th June 2020
- 30th June 2020
- 7th July 2020
- 15th September 2020
- 22nd September 2020
- 13th October 2020
- 20th October 2020