Krakow is one of Europe’s must-see ‘new’ destinations – one of only a handful of major Central European cities to survive the centuries unscathed.
Our escorted break lifts the veil on this visual masterpiece, full of UNESCO-listed architectural treasures, and also pays a visit to the preserved remains of infamous Auschwitz-Birkenau.
- Fly direct from Edinburgh – various dates until November 2020 – from £562pp
- Dates and prices on this page are based on departures flying from Edinburgh only
- Flights also available from other UK airports – Birmingham, Bournemouth, Bristol, Dublin, East Midlands, Leeds Bradford, Liverpool John Lenon, London Gatwick, London Luton, Lodnon Stansted, Manchester & Newcastle – click here for more information on available dates and prices.
Spirit of Krakow Tour Highlights
- Enjoy a guided tour of Poland’s stunning former Royal capital
- Discover the great medieval square of Rynek Glowny
- Wander the market stalls and galleries of the Sukkennice Cloth Hall
- Don’t miss the stunning Mariacki church
- Take in Wawel Castle and its stunning riverside views
- The historic Kazimierz district
- Enjoy Krakow’s vibrant cafe culture
- Visit poignant, sobering Auschwitz-Birkenau
- Four nights’ bed and breakfast accommodation in a centrally located hotel
- A tour of Krakow
- A visit to Auschwitz
- Return flights from the UK to Krakow
- Comfortable, air-conditioned coach travel and transfers
- Fully escorted by a friendly, experienced Tour Manager
Single supplements apply. Subject to availability.
Spirit of Krakow Itinerary
Day One: Fly to Poland from the UK
Fly to Krakow, meet your Tour Manager and transfer to your city-centre hotel. After check-in, head out to take your first look at this city that boasts the State Rooms of Wawel Castle, the stunning wooden altarpiece of the Mariacki church and the treasures of the Czartoryski Palace. Why not head to a cafe for hot chocolate, or to a local beer cellar to try the local brew?
Day Two: Included Krakow city tour
Discover Krakow on our included guided walking tour. This seat of Polish kings was also the former home of much-loved Cardinal Karol Wojtyla (later Pope John Paul II). Admire the medieval and Renaissance splendour of the city’s great central square, Rynek Glowny, and its centrepiece the Sukiennice (Cloth Hall).
Here, behind the many-arched facade, you’ll find market stalls to browse, cafes where you can sit and relax, and even an art gallery on the upper floor.
Day Three: Included day trip to Auschwitz
Today we’ll head to Auschwitz-Birkenau, 70km southwest of the city. On this harrowing and thought-provoking pilgrimage you’ll tour the buildings of the death camp and gain a sense of the horrors of the “Final Solution”.
Later we’ll return to Krakow and you’ll be free to explore. Visit the Kazimierz quarter – once the historic centre of Jewish culture in the city – or the ‘Pharmacy under the Eagle’ museum across the river in the Podgorze district – the cramped wartime ghetto.
Day Four: Optional salt mine excursion
Today you’re free to discover more of the city’s sights, or to join an optional excursion to see the vast underground chambers, full-sized chapel and stupendous concert hall of Wieliczka’s astonishing salt mine. Find out about life in the mines at the on-site museum, and browse the subterranean gift shop and cafe before catching the lift back to the surface.
Day Five: Fly back to the UK
Depending on your flight time, you may have time to catch a final glimpse of the majestic city before we transfer you to the airport to check in for your flight home.
Spirit of Krakow
- Other UK airports also available
- 2nd September 2019
- 9th September 2019
- 23rd September 2019
- 7th October 2019
- 14th October 2019
- 4th November 2019
- 23rd March 2020
- 20th April 2020
- 27th April 2020
- 4th May 2020
- 11th May 2020
- 18th May 2020
- 8th June 2020
- 15th June 2020
- 22nd June 2020
- 6th July 2020
- 13th July 2020
- 31st August 2020
- 7th September 2020
- 14th September 2020
- 21st September 2020
- 28th September 2020
- 5th October 2020
- 12th October 2020
- 19th October 2020
- 26th October 2020
- 3rd November 2020