As soon as you arrive, your senses are overwhelmed by Sri Lanka!
The warm tropical air, the colourful wildflowers and the jungle, the striking colours of the saris adorning every woman, the variety of exotic fruits and spices, the beauty of the countryside, the mystique of countless temples and orange-clad Buddhist monks and wild elephants – this is a varied place indeed! Marco Polo, arguably the greatest explorer of all time, described it simply as the finest island in the world!
Our tour takes you to all the major sites of historical and cultural interest, visiting three outstanding UNESCO World Heritage sites and finishing with three days’ relaxation in one of the country’s finest beach resorts.
- Return travel from the UK with transfers to and from the hotel included
- Hand-picked four-star accommodation including all local taxes
- Daily breakfast and eight dinners
- Explore four UNESCO world heritage sites of the Golden Temple Dambulla, sacred city of Kandy, Sigiriya and the old town Galle Fort
- Experience superb scenery, shimmering paddy fields, rubber and spice plantations, verdant tea estates, swaying coconut groves, and exotic wildlife
- Guided tour of the 5th-century Royal Palace and Citadel at Sigiriya Rock plus a guided climb of the rock
- Visit Kandy and see the Temple of the Tooth, said to house Buddha’s tooth, plus visit the stunning Royal Botanical Gardens
- Guided tour of the local tea-growing areas in Nuwara Eliya with a Ceylon tea tasting
- Visit feeding time at the Elephant Transit Home, where elephant orphans are looked after, before being re-introduced to the wild as endorsed by the Born Free Foundation
- Enjoy a 4×4 drive in Yala National Park, famed for its wildlife
- Relax with two days on one of Sri Lanka’s idyllic tropical beaches
- Services of our experienced tour manager
Subject to availability. Single supplements apply – click here for solo departures.
For more information or to book, please call 01283 742300 or click here.
- London Heathrow
- 17th September 2020
- 20th September 2020
- 5th October 2020
- 9th November 2020
- 11th January 2021
- 25th January 2021
- 8th February 2021
- 22nd February 2021
- 8th March 2021
- 22nd March 2021
- 12th April 2021
- 7th June 2021
- 9th August 2021
- 20th September 2021
- 11th October 2021
- 8th November 2021