Combining visits to captivating destinations with explorations of beautiful fjords and archipelagos, this very special cruise is the perfect way to appreciate Sweden’s spellbinding scenic beauty and cultural pleasures.
You’ll enjoy an extended stay in Stockholm, with ample time to uncover the capital’s churches, canals and historical sites, and sail through the sprawling Stockholm Archipelago – an unforgettable cruising experience.
Sailing the Swedish fjords will present scenes to savour too, while visits to the UNESCO-listed Visby and Gothenburg – rich in absorbing museums, gardens and picturesque waterways – make for rewarding explorations.
Choose an EXCLUSIVE benefit when you book this cruise:
- FREE drinks and tips or
- FREE car parking at port or
- Up to £100pp on board
- 11 nights’ staying in an interior room aboard Balmoral – upgrades available at an additional supplement
- Comfortable rooms and suites with TV, hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilities and individually controlled air conditioning
- Tempting cuisine every day throughout your cruise – with five-course à la carte dinners, casual breakfast and lunch buffets and late-night snacks
- Unlimited, self-service tea and coffee at selected venues, afternoon tea* with sandwiches and cakes, and in-room sandwiches and snacks
- A full programme of evening entertainment, including cabaret shows, comedy, dancing and live music
- Full use of on board leisure facilities, including swimming pools, Jacuzzis and gym
- A wide choice of engaging on board activities and lectures throughout the day
- All UK port taxes (where collectable in advance)
- Luggage porterage between your room and the drop-off/pick-up point
- Formal welcome and/or Captain’s Drinks Party and Gala Buffet
Terms and conditions apply. Subject to availability. Single supplements apply.
To speak to an adviser regarding more information for this cruise or to book this cruise, please call 0800 1707 233 and quote *DC THOMSON TRAVEL*
Sweden’s Scenic Waterways and Cities Cruise Itinerary
Thu 28 May 2020: Depart Rosyth (Edinburgh), Late PM
Fri 29 May 2020: At Sea
Sat 30 May 2020: Cruising Loch Dunvegan, Scotland, Gullmarsfjorden, Saltkallefjorden, Älgöfjorden, Hakefjorden & Brattöbadan, Askerofjorden & Halsefjorden and Havstensfjorden & Byfjorden, Sweden
Sun 31 May 2020: Malmo, Sweden
Exploring the pretty streets and districts of Malmö, it’s easy to understand why people from some 150 different nations choose to live in Sweden’s most cosmopolitan and multicultural metropolis.
Mon 01 Jun 2020: Visby, Sweden
Located on the Swedish island of Gotland, the UNESCO World Heritage Town of Visby is one of the most remarkable in Scandinavia. Known for its incredible scenic beauty and stunning historic sites, this former Hanseatic City has to be seen to be truly appreciated.
Tue 02 Jun & Wed 03 2020: Stockholm, Sweden
Sweden’s beautiful capital owes much of its appeal to its unique location. Spread across 14 islands at the head of a vast archipelago that stretches out into the Baltic, Stockholm’s swathe of parks, gardens and canals are a joy to discover via the city’s large network of bridges.
Wed 03 2020: Cruising Stockholm Archipelago, Sweden
A cruise through the mesmerising Stockholm Archipelago is always a memorable experience. En route to Stockholm you’ll pass by and between some 30,000 beautiful islands and islets, taking in unforgettable views from the decks of your smaller cruise ship.
Fri 05 Jun 2020: Gothenburg, Sweden
Situated on Sweden’s west coast, sociable, the laid-back seaport of Gothenburg has considerable appeal for any visitor. Known as one of the friendliest cities in Europe, Gothenburg – Sweden’s second largest city – offers a vibrancy and fascination through its galleries, museums, boutiques, street cafes and Scandinavia’s largest and most popular amusement park, Lisberg, which has themed rides, performance venues and a landscaped sculpture garden.
Sat 06 Jun 2020: Lysekil, Sweden
With quaint red and orange buildings scattered along its picturesque harbour, Lysekil has a distinctly ‘homely’ feel from the moment you call into the town.
Mon 08 Jun 2020: Arrive back in Rosyth (Edinburgh), Early AM