Back by popular demand, this holiday takes you to one of the world’s most beautiful locations. Stay in a village of white-painted cottages, surrounded by orchards, and discover a unique landscape of sheer mountainsides, forests, lakes and pristine glaciers. Few places in the world can match the spectacle.
Fjords of Western Norway Available Departures:
- Dates and prices published on this page are for the departures flying from Aberdeen, Edinburgh & Glasgow only
- Fly from Aberdeen – various dates available until September 2020 – from £1129
- Fly from Edinburgh – various dates available until September 2020 – from £1189
- Fly from Glasgow – various dates available until September 2020 – from £1219
- Flights also available from other UK airports – Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Dublin, Durham Tees Valley, Humberside, Leeds Bradford, London City, London Gatwick, Manchester, Newcastle & Norwich – click here for more information on available dates and prices.
- Staying in a four-star Swiss-style fjord-side hotel
- A journey by boat through spectacular scenery to Bergen
- Discovering the region on a fascinating Fjord-Life tour
- Touring Norway’s interior on unforgettable optional excursions to the vast Jostedal Glacier, and to Mydal, Flam and Gudvangen
- Buffet-style meals served in a fine restaurant overlooking the Fjord
- A warm welcome, stunning scenery and beautiful views
- Seven nights’ half-board accommodation at the Kviknes Hotel in Balestrand, on Sognefjord
- Return flights from the UK to Bergen
- Comfortable, air-conditioned coach travel and transfers
- A cruise to Bergen
- The full-day ‘Fjord-Life’ tour
- The services of a friendly, knowledgeable and experienced Tour Manager
Single supplements apply. Subject to availability.
Fly to Bergen, meet your Tour Manager and transfer by coach through the spectacular scenery to the idyllic village of Balestrand. Settle in to your room, and acquaint yourself with the beautiful surroundings, before enjoying your first dinner in the hotel.
Today, get to know Balestrand. Since the late 19th Century, Sognefjord has welcomed visitors searching for clear mountain air and enchanting scenery, and whenever you go, the area’s natural beauty will enchant you, as will the warmth of the welcome virtually everywhere you go.
Your first included excursion is an unforgettable day trip by boat to the historic trading port of Bergen. Join us to discover a city of cobbled streets and medieval houses with a colourful harbour and open-air fish market. Stroll past the wooden warehouses of Bryggen and take the Floibanen funicular up ‘Mount’ Floyen.
The Jostedal Glacier – mainland Europe’s largest ice-flow – is a mesmerising sight that dominates the northern landscape beyond the fjords. Our optional visit here is a great opportunity to see the glacier itself and to explore the informative Norwegian Glacier Museum.
Our optional Norway in a Nutshell excursion is an unmissable tour of one of the world’s most scenic regions. The day includes a ride on the world-famous Flamsbana line from Myrdal to Flam – a remarkable 20km descent down the steep-sided valley – and a spectacular two-hour cruise through Aurlandsfjord and Naeroyfjord to the tiny port of Gudvangen.
Spend today’s optional excursion exploring beautiful Sognefjord and the fascinating Sogn Folk Museum at Kaupanger, with its fine collection of fishing and ‘ice’ boats that reflect Norway’s age-old interaction with the sea and the fjords.
Spend your final day in Balestrand relaxing as you make the very most of the village and its surroundings. This evening, enjoy a final dinner in the hotel at the end of an unforgettable week in one of the world’s most beautiful corners.
Transfer back to Bergen airport, and check in for your flight home.
The Beautiful Fjords of Western Norway
- 22nd May 2019
- 29th May 2019
- 5th June 2019
- 12th June 2019
- 19th June 2019
- 26th June 2019
- 3rd July 2019
- 21st August 2019
- 28th August 2019
- 4th September 2019
- 11th September 2019
- 18th September 2019
- 25th September 2019
- 2nd October 2019
- 6th May 2020
- 13th May 2020
- 20th May 2020
- 27th May 2020
- 3rd June 2020
- 10th June 2020
- 17th June 2020
- 24th June 2020
- 2nd September 2020
- 9th September 2020
- 16th September 2020
- 23rd September 2020
- 30th September 2020