This adventure promises exciting activities along with sparkling lakes, soaring peaks and charismatic market towns.
Keswick features the quaint Market Square and 19th century Moot Hall, whilst in refined Grasmere, you’ll find the Wordsworth Daffodil Garden – a place of peace named after the poet.
A holiday high spot is our train journey on the Lakeside & Haverthwaite Railway along the banks of the River Leven to Lakeside. Here we board our ferry to Bowness, a sprawling tourist town with a lakes edge promenade.
A visit to the Beatrix Potter Attraction where the tales of the famous author are brought to life completes a memorable holiday.
- Return coach travel from Inverurie, Aberdeen, Stonehaven, Dundee, Perth, Dunfermline or Edinburgh
- 3 nights’ hotel accommodation at the Cumbria Grand Hotel, Grange Over Sands
- Enjoy a train journey on the Lakeside & Haverthwaite Railway and sail on Lake Windermere to Bowness
- A visit to the World of Beatrix Potter attraction
- Comfortable coach travel throughout
- Services of a holiday host
Single supplements apply. Subject to availability.
The Lakes Itinerary
Join your coach at your pickup point, meet your host then relax as we journey south with rest stops along the way. Arriving in Grange over Sands, we check into the Cumbria Grand Hotel.
First treat today is a visit to Cockermouth, birthplace of William Wordsworth. We then proceed along the banks of Bassenthwaite Lake to Keswick where you might like to visit one of the museums or art galleries. Perhaps stroll to the lakeshore and hire a rowing boat.
A jam-packed itinerary today as we enjoy an evocative train journey on the Lakeside & Haverthwaite Railway followed by a relaxing sail on Lake Windermere to Bowness. A visit to the World of Beatrix Potter attraction nicely rounds off a fun day!
After breakfast, we journey home.