Transylvania evokes visions of towering Gothic castles set in densely forested mountains, but this atmospheric ‘land beyond the forest’, deep in the heart of Romania, holds countless wonders waiting to be discovered. In contrast is the bustling capital city, Bucharest, which proudly bears the scars of a communist past – just one of the many intriguing chapters of the nation’s rich and lengthy history. During our tour, you’ll encounter the warm and welcoming locals, known for their incredible hospitality. With all this and more, a visit to enchanting Romania is certain to be an unforgettable adventure.
- Return flights from a choice of 6 regional airports
- Transfers to and from your hotel
- Uncover the compelling past of vibrant Bucharest on a guided tour
- Take a guided tour of the immense Palace of Parliament, the world’s heaviest building and an intrinsic part of Bucharest’s history
- Visit renowned Bran Castle, built over 600 years ago and said to be the inspiration for Bram Stoker’s Dracula
- Enjoy a guided tour of elegant Peleş Castle, a neo-Gothic masterpiece with priceless art and furniture
- Explore picturesque Sighişoara with its UNESCO-listed historic centre and colourful houses
- Tour Brașov with a guide and wander its beautiful baroque streets and medieval ramparts
- Visit impressive UNESCO-listed, fortified Saxon church complexes in Biertan and Prejmer, unique in Europe
- Experience the dramatic Carpathian Mountains surrounding medieval landscapes in the heart of Transylvania, where a traditional lifestyle still thrives
- Five nights in centrally located four-star accommodation, inclusive of all local taxes, plus breakfast and one dinner
- The services of our experienced and insightful tour manager throughout
- ABTA and ATOL protection
Subject to availability. Single supplements apply.
For more information or to book, please call 01283 742300 or click here.
Please note, price based on flying direct from Glasgow– departs September 2020. Other airports and dates available, click here to view more.