Relax with our Tuscany Resort Stay, enjoying Italy’s premier spa town. Montecatini is the perfect place for a relaxing holiday in the heart of Tuscany. Soak your cares away in the waters of its thermal springs, while away the hours wandering around the ancient upper town and modern spa resort below, make the most of the many facilities at your chosen hotel, or join us on optional excursions to Portofino, Pisa, Florence and Volterra.
- Fly direct from Glasgow Prestwick – various departures until October 2021 – from £659pp
- Dates and prices on this page are based on departures flying from Glasgow Prestwick Only
- Flights also available from various UK airports – Bristol, East Midlands, Gatwick, Luton, Stansted & Manchester – click here for more information on dates & prices.
Tuscany Resort Stay Tour Highlights:
- The chance to stroll around Montecatini’s elegant streets, and beautiful parks and gardens
- Excellent shopping and a fine array of restaurants
- Enjoying a host of wellness therapies and beauty treatments
- Riding one of the world’s oldest funicular railways up to Montecatini Alto
- The chance to join excursions to Florence, Pisa and Lucca, Portofino, and through the stunning Chianti countryside
- Fantastic rail connections from the centrally located station
- The possibility of enjoying an opera performances at the town’s Opera House
- Seven nights’ accommodation in one of our carefully chosen Montecatini hotels
- Return flights from your chosen UK airport to Italy
- Return airport-to-hotel transfers
- The services of a friendly, experienced Resort-based Manager
Single supplements apply. Subject to availability.
Tuscany Resort Base
Montecatini’s fortified upper town endured siege and destruction through the centuries until the 20th century brought prosperity and the development of the lower town, but today the emphasis is firmly on relaxation and enjoyment. As well as the famous spa baths, the lower town boasts beautiful parks and gardens, stylish shops, cafes and restaurants. There are tennis courts, bicycle hire and a golf course to occupy the energetic, and a trip to the upper town (Montecatini Alto) will be rewarded with a pretty Romanesque church, ruined medieval fortifications and a choice of excellent restaurants.
Those wishing to explore will have the chance to join a range of optional excursions (listed below), which will be offered on specific days during your stay. Simply select your chosen excursion(s) from the list when booking.
Portofino Day Trip
Spend the day exploring the beautiful Ligurian coast. Here some of Italy’s most famous resorts nestle on a shoreline backed by wooded hills. See the gardens and piazzas of Santa Margherita Ligure, which overlooks a stunning bay at the northern end of the Portofino headland, then take a boat trip along the coast to discover Portofino itself. Despite its exclusive, chic reputation, Portofino remains one of the Mediterranean’s most delightful locations.
Pisa and Lucca Tour
See the Italian gems of Pisa and Lucca on this guided tour. Pisa’s treasures include the famous Leaning Tower, the circular Baptistery of St John (which took more than 200 years to complete) and the mighty Duomo, while the elegant walled city of Lucca’s medieval clock tower, the Torre delle Ore, and the oval expanse of the Piazza dell’Anfiteatro (which stands on the site of the ancient city’s Roman amphitheatre) are just some of of the highlights you’ll discover there.
Florence city tour
Revel in the wonders of Florence, Italy’s beautiful Renaissance capital. On this city tour you’ll see the magnificent Florentine skyline, explore Santa Croce and cross the medieval Ponte Vecchio. For art lovers, the Accademia houses Michelangelo’s peerless statue of David, and the Uffizi, Botticelli’s exquisite ‘Birth of Venus’ (gallery entry is payable locally).
Volterra, Certaldo and San Gimignano tour
Head into the Tuscan countryside to explore the exquisite hill towns of Volterra, Certaldo and UNESCO-listed medieval gem San Gimignano. Set high above the Cecina and Dell’Era valleys, Estruscan Volterra is beautifully preserved, with its ancient walls surrounding a medieval core, at the heart of which is a stunning Romanesque cathedral and the ornate Piazza del Priori, lined with beautiful palazzi. You’ll also take in the Roman amphitheatre, uncovered in 1951.
No less fascinating is the charming ‘twin-town’ of Certaldo, the ‘newer’ lower town nestled beneath the upper, fortified Certaldo alto, with its ancient gates and defensive walls. Saving the best until last, the day concludes with a visit to San Gimignano, where fairy-tale towers rise from the hill-top villages.
- Glasgow Prestwick
- Other UK airports also available
- 7th October 2020
- 5th May 2021
- 19th May 2021
- 26th May 2021
- 2nd June 2021
- 9th June 2021
- 16th June 2021
- 23rd June 2021
- 7th July 2021
- 25th August 2021
- 1st September 2021
- 8th September 2021
- 15th September 2021
- 29th September 2021
- 6th October 2021