Great cities and natural wonders await on our East Coast Extravaganza tour.
The sights and sounds of eight fascinating cities and the astounding sight of Niagara Falls are yours to enjoy on this grand tour of North America’s Eastern Seaboard. Discover Boston, Montreal and Quebec City; Ottawa, Toronto and breathtaking New York; historic Philadelphia and Washington DC.
East Coast Extravaganza – Available Departures:
- Dates and prices published on this page are for the departures flying from Aberdeen, Edinburgh & Glasgow only
- Fly from Aberdeen – various dates available until October 2020 – from £2,395
- Fly from Edinburgh – various dates available until October 2021 – from £2,395
- Fly from Glasgow – various dates available until October 2021 – from £2,395
- Flights also available from other UK airports – Belfast City George Best, London Heathrow, Manchester & Newcastle.
East Coast Extravaganza Tour Highlights
- Explore elegant, historic Boston
- Spend two nights in Montreal
- Enjoy a day in beautiful, walled Quebec City
- Discover Canada’s leafy capital, Ottawa
- Cosmopolitan Toronto, which glitters on Lake Ontario’s shore
- Gaze in awe at Niagara Falls
- Discover mesmerising New York City
- Pay a short visit to Philadelphia – the “city of brotherly love”
- Spend a day in all-powerful Washington DC
- Return scheduled flights to Boston, returning from Washington
- 12 nights’ room-only hotel accommodation at hotels in Marlborough (2 nights), Montreal (2),
- Ottawa (1), Toronto (1), Niagara (2), Hasbrouck Heights (2) and Tysons Corner (2)
- Comfortable coach travel and transfers
- Fully escorted by a friendly, experienced Tour Manager
Single supplements apply. Subject to availability.
East Coast Extravaganza Itinerary
Day One: Fly to Boston
Fly to Boston, meet your Tour Manager and board the coach to transfer to your hotel.
Day Two: Explore Boston
Discover America’s most European city on a fascinating optional guided tour following the famous ‘Freedom Trail’ through Boston’s compact heart. See the gold-domed State House, Boston Common and the cobbled streets of Beacon Hill. Visit colourful Quincy Market, or perhaps cross the Charles River to Harvard University.
Day Three: Journey north through New England to Montreal
Journey, through the leafy countryside of New England, into Canada and to stylish, sophisticated Montreal, the world’s second-largest French-speaking metropolis.
Day Four: Spend the day in Quebec City
Today’s included excursion takes us to charming Quebec City. Join our local guide to explore the narrow, cobbled alleyways of Vieux-Quebec on an optional tour before we return to the Montreal in the evening.
Day Five: Follow the Maple Leaf Trail to Ottawa
We’ll take a short drive around Montreal’s main sights, before following the ‘Maple Leaf Trail’ to Ottawa, Canada’s beautiful administrative capital, with its Victorian houses and famous Rideau Canal.
Day Six: Explore Ottawa and travel to Toronto
Discover the Canadian capital on a guided tour, this morning, then board our coach for the drive to Toronto. In this glittering city you’ll find the sky-piercing CN Tower, ultramodern shopping malls and countless cafes and restaurants.
Day Seven: See the highlights of Toronto
Explore Toronto, or join our optional guided tour to discover the history of the city and its distinct neighbourhoods – Chinatown, Greektown and Little Italy.
This afternoon, we’ll skirt the shores of Lake Ontario as we head to our next hotel close to the mighty torrent of Niagara Falls.
Day Eight: Marvel at the Niagara Falls
See the plunging waters of Niagara Falls for yourself, today. Watch in wonder from ‘dry’ land, or take our optional helicopter flight for a bird’s eye view. There’s also the chance to enjoy lunch in a restaurant overlooking the Falls.
Day Nine: Travel south into Pennsylvania and New Jersey
Today you’ll cross the bridge that connects Canada with the USA, heading east and south into Pennsylvania to spend the next two nights in New Jersey, just across the Hudson River from New York.
Day 10: Spend the day in New York City
Our coach will take you into the heart of New York, today. Explore on your own, or join our optional city tour to discover a slice of the Big Apple and take in the cityscape from the 70th floor of the Rockerfeller Centre before we return to New Jersey.
Day 11: Visit Philadelphia en route to Washington DC
Heading south, this morning you’ll visit the original US capital, Philadelphia. The Declaration of Independence was prepared and first read to the nation here in July 1776. Let an included guided city tour bring the story of America’s birth to life before we continue to our final hotel, near Washington DC.
Day 12: Explore Washington
Enjoy a full day in the ‘Nation’s Capital’. See the domed Capitol building “on the Hill”, the Washington Monument, the Lincoln Memorial, the Smithsonian museums and – across the green swathe of the Ellipse – the White House itself on our optional guided tour.
Day 13: Transfer to the airport
A last free morning brings time to relax, and perhaps indulge in a little shopping, before your afternoon transfer to the airport.
Day 14: Arrive home
Arrive back in the UK after an overnight flight.
East Coast Extravaganza – from Boston and Montreal to Toronto, New York and DC
- Flights also available from other UK airports
- 16th September 2020
- 7th October 2020