Few Christmas markets enjoy a grander or more romantic setting than those held in the elegant Austrian capital. At the Vienna Christmas Markets the magic of Advent sparkles against a backdrop of baroque palaces, shopping arcades, churches and museums. Join us for a marvellous, four-star festive break.
Vienna Christmas Markets Available Departures
- Fly direct from Edinburgh – departs 26 & 29 November 2019 & 03 December 2019 – from £579pp
- Information on this page is for the departure from Edinburgh only
- Departures also available from other UK airports – Birmingham, Bristol, London Gatwick, London Heathrow, London Luton, London Stansted & Manchester – click here for more information on dates & prices.
Vienna Christmas Markets Tour Highlights
- A guided city tour of Vienna
- Schonbrunn Palace Markets (Palace entrance payable locally)
- A guided tour of the Schnapps museum
- Three nights’ bed and breakfast accommodation in a four-star hotel
- Return flights to Vienna
- Return airport-to-hotel transfers
- One piece of hold luggage per couple
- The services of a friendly, experienced Tour Manager
Single supplements apply. Offer subject to availability.
Vienna Christmas Market Itinerary
Day One – Fly to Vienna
Fly to Vienna, then board our coach for the transfer to your hotel. Check in, then relax or perhaps head out to enjoy your first evening in the city if it’s not too late.
Day Two – Included tour of Vienna
See the imposing buildings and squares of the Ringstrasse, the Hofburg Palace, and the celebrated coffee-houses of the ancient Innere Stadt on this morning’s guided tour, then stop to wander Vienna’s most famous Christmas markets – held in the idyllic lanes of Spittelberg and on triangular Freyung Square.
After time to explore, we’ll continue to the Schonbrunn Palace. Browse the stalls of the Christkindlmarkt held here, in the great courtyard, before we round off the day with a warming tipple at a schnapps museum.
Day Three – Optional excursion to Bratislava
Spend another day exploring Vienna’s Christmas markets, or join our optional full-day excursion and cross into Slovakia. Here we’ll visit the Slovakian capital, Bratislava. Set beside the Danube, close to the borders of Austria and Hungary, it’s a city of glorious palaces and churches where history and tradition sit side-by-side with modern cosmopolitan culture.
Day Four – Fly back to the UK
Bid farewell to Vienna, and return to the airport to check in for your flight home.